|Division:||School of Engineering and Computer Science|
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering
Selected Job History
CEO: Optimum Semiconductor Technologies, Tarrytown, NY (2010–present).
CEO: Nashua Electronics, Nashua, NH (2012–present).
CTO/Chair of the Board: Wireless Innovation Forum, Washington, DC (2011–2014).
CTO, EVP & Founder: Sandbridge Technologies, Tarrytown, NY (2001-2010).
Manager & Engineer: IBM Micro and IBM Research (1985-1996, 1999-2001).
Chief Architect & Manager: Lucent Micro (Agere) & Starcore DSP (1996-1999).
Adjunct Professor: Lehigh University (1998).
Processor Design, Low Power Green Computing, Parallel Architectures, Parallel Systems, Parallel Programming, General Purpose Graphics Processors (GP-GPU), Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Wireless Communications, Software Defined Radio (SDR), Cognitive Radio, Dynamic Spectrum Access, Financial Modelling, and Audio Signal Processing.
AWARDS, HONORS, AND DISTINCTIONS:
· 2014 Elected to China’s 1000 Talents. First non-Chinese national elected.
· 2013 OST/Wuxi DSP named one of 100 fastest growing companies in China.
· 2012 Software Defined Radio Forum’s President’s Award for SDR accomplishments and contributions
· 2009 EE Times ACE Award Finalist.
· 2005 World Economic Forum’s 2005 Tech Pioneer award winner for developing a technology with the “potential to spark economic development worldwide”
· 2004 Software Defined Radio Conference Best Paper Award for Software Centric Approach to Developing Wireless Applications.
· 2003 Forbes 5th annual “E-Gang” top company winner.
· 2003 Entrepreneur Magazine the Big Guns - Getting Corporate Investors with Traditional VC's.
· 2002 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist.
· Significant press coverage of Sandbridge technology in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, PC Week, The Economist, In-Stat, CNET News, Extreme Tech, Engadget, John Peddie’s Tech Watch, EDN, Dow Jones Venture Capital Analyst, Unstrung, Information Week, Wireless Web, and EE Times.
· IEEE Senior Member
· Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
· Eta Kappa Nu (Electrical Engineering Honor Society)
· Golden Key Honor Society
RECENT COURSES TAUGHT:
· CS427 Computer Graphics
· CS203L Sophomore Software Engineering Lab
· GD425 Game Design Senior Project
1) C. Ahn, S. Bang, H. Kim, S. Lee, J. Kim, S. Choi, and J. Glossner, “Implementation of an SDR system using an MPI-based GPU cluster for WiMAX and LTE”, Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing (2012) 73: 569-582 , November 01, 2012. (link)
1) H. Yang, T. Kim, C. Ahn, J. Kim, S. Choi, and J. Glossner, “Implementation of parallel lattice reduction-aided MIMO detector using graphics processing unit”, Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing (2012) 73: 559-567 , November 01, 2012. (link).
2) C. Jenkins, M. Schulte, and J. Glossner, “Instructions and hardware designs for accelerating SNOW 3G on a software-defined radio platform”, Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, December 2011, Volume 69, Issue 2-3, pp 207-218. (link)
3) J. Kim, C. Ahn, S. Choi, and J. Glossner, “Implementation of smart antenna API and transceiver API in software communication architecture for a wireless innovation forum standard”, Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, December 2011, Volume 69, Issue 2-3, pp 219-226. (link)
4) V. Surducan, M. Moudgill, G. Nacer, E. Surducan, P. Balzola, J. Glossner, S. Stanley, Meng Yu, and D. Iancu, “The Sandblaster Software-Defined Radio Platform for Mobile 4G Wireless Communications”, International Journal of Multimedia Broadcasting, Guest Editors: Daniel Iancu, John Glossner, Mihai Sima, Peter Farkas, and Michael McGuire, Volume 2009, Article ID 384507. (link)
5) S. Mamidi, E. R. Blem, M. J. Schulte, J. Glossner, D. Iancu, A. Iancu, M. Moudgill, and S. Jinturkar, "Instruction Set Extensions for Software Defined Radio," in the International Journal on Microprocessors and Microsystems, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 260-272, June 2009. (pdf)
6) E. Surducan, V. Surducan, D. Iancu, J. Glossner, “Multiband Antennas for SDR Applications, International Journal of Multimedia Broadcasting”, International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, Volume 2009, Article ID 460143. (link).
7) C. Jenkins, S. Mamidi, M. J. Schulte, and J. Glossner, “Instruction Set Extensions for the Advanced Encryption Standard on a Multithreaded Software Defined Radio Platform,” in the Journal of Embedded Systems, 2008. (pdf)
8) S. Mamidi, E. R. Blem, M. J. Schulte, J. Glossner, D. Iancu, A. Iancu, M. Moudgill, and S. Jinturkar, “Instruction Set Extensions for Software Defined Radio,” in the Journal of Embedded Systems, 2007. (pdf)
9) M. J. Schulte, J. Glossner, S. Jinturkar, M. Moudgill, S. Mamidi, S. Vassiliadis, “A Low-Power Multithreaded Processor for Software Defined Radio,” in the Journal of VLSI Signal Processing (Special Issue Featuring Extended Versions of Best Papers from SAMOS2004), vol. 43, no. 2-3, pp. 143 – 159, June 2006.
J. Glossner, H. Ye, Y. Abdelila,
Glossner, D. Iancu, J. Lu,
13) J. Glossner, T. Raja, E. Hokenek, and M. Moudgill, “A Multithreaded Processor Architecture for SDR”, The Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, Vol. 19, No. 11, pp. 70-84, November, 2002. (pdf)
14) J. Glossner, M. Schulte, and S. Vassiliadis, “A Java-Enabled DSP”, in Embedded Processor Design Challenges, Systems, Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (SAMOS), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2268, E. Deprettere, J. Teich, and S. Vassiliadis editors, pp 307-325, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2002. (ps)
15) J. Glossner, J. Thilo, and S. Vassiliadis, "Java Signal Processing: FFT's with bytecodes", Journal of Concurrency and Experience, vol. 10, No. 11-13, pages 1173-1178, October, 1998. (pdf)
16) W.F. Lawless, C.J. Glossner, and G.G. Pechanek, “Line Drawing using Mfast DSP Array Processor.” IBM Technical Disclosure Bulletin, Vol. 38, No. 08, pages 395-399, August, 1995. A parallel line rendering algorithm for multiprocessors.
17) C.J. Glossner, “CMOS Open Drain Common I/O Test Methodology”. IBM Technical Disclosure Bulletin, Vol. 31, No. 5, pages 343-344, October, 1988.
18) Mayan Moudgill, Vitaly Kalashnikov, Murugappan Senthilvelan, Umesh Srikantiah, Tak-po Li, Pablo Balzola, John Glossner, “Synchronization on Heterogeneous Multiprocessor Systems”, in Proceedings of the 9th Workshop on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling, and Simulation (SAMOS'09), Samos, Greece, July 20-22, 2009. Honorable mention for best paper award.
Jinturkar, V. Ramadurai,
20) M. Schulte, L. Marquette, S. Krithivasan, E. Walters, and J. Glossner, “A Combined Multiplication and Sum-of-Squares Unit”, Proceedings of the IEEE 14th International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP 2003), pp. 204-214, The Hague, The Netherlands, June 24-26, 2003. (pdf) Honorable mention for best paper award.
Glossner, E. Hokenek, and M. Moudgill, “Wireless SDR
Solutions: The Challenge and Promise of Next Generation
Handsets”, Published at the November 2002
23) D. Parson, P. Beatty, J. Glossner, and B. Schlieder, “A Framework for Simulating Heterogeneous Virtual Processors”, Proceedings of the 32nd annual Simulation Conference, pages 58-67, April 11-15, 1999, San Diego, California. (pdf) (presentation)
Glossner and S. Vassiliadis, "The Delft-Java Engine: An Introduction",
Lecture Notes In Computer Science. Third International Euro-Par
Conference (Euro-Par'97 Parallel Processing), pp.
766-770, Universitaet Passau,
25) C.J. Glossner, G.G. Pechanek, S. Vassiliadis, and J. Landon, “High-Performance Parallel FFT Algorithms on M.f.a.s.t. Using Tensor Algebra.” Proceedings of the Signal Processing Applications Conference at DSPx’96, March 11-14, 1996, pp. 529-536, San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California.